Erkut Soyak Anatolian High School is entitled to receive BREEAM In-Use certificate, aims improving the building in use in terms of environment, health, efficiency and comfort, and has become an environment friendly school.
Registered "BREEAM In-Use" plaque was presented by Soyak Holding Human Resources and Quality Director İrfan Bozok during the ceremony held at Erkut Soyak Anatolian High School on April 13. Soyak executives present at the ceremony stated that they are endeavoring for implementing sustainability in every field where Soyak operates in. Offering services in real estate, energy, cement and casting, Soyak emphasizes that they take steps respecting environment and social values in their corporate social responsibility and education efforts.
Erkut Soyak Anatolian High School is entitled to receive this certificate by fulfilling several criteria in energy, water and resource efficiency for public institutes. Implementing new and advanced systems increasing the building security and user comfort in addition to the efficiency criteria, Erkut Soyak Anatolian High School documented its leadership in its field with the environment friendly school title it has received. BREEAM Green Building Certificate System is one of the reliable and prevalent systems developed as green building rating system and continuously updating the sustainability criteria of the buildings in use.
Environment friendly practices in the school are as follows;
- Fire alarm system and intruder alarm system active round the clock has been installed.
- Conformity of operational plans such as fire plan, maintenance/repair plan, cleaning plan, waste plan, disaster action plan etc. has been controlled.
- A landscape and ecology report listing and explaining about the plant species has been prepared and the required improvements have been applied.
- Applications reducing the energy consumption of electrical and mechanical systems have been made following an energy study.
- Mechanical installations, valves, pumps etc. equipment have been insulated.
- A ventilation system providing fresh air by means of fans is installed at the locations with lack of ventilation.
- Toilet sets have been replaced with double level reservoirs.
- For the lighting system, projectors with high energy consumption have been replaced with LED projectors.
- Bicycle parking spaces have been prepared for encouraging students' transportation to the school by bicycle.
- Wheelchair ramps have been built at the circulation points of the school's garden for students with disability.
- Separate waste containers and waste boxes have been placed for recyclable wastes.